People I love

taken in Livingston diner

taken at Oratory

1. I chose these certain foods because of the value they bring to each picture. In the first one, my Girlfriend got her usual order every time we went to get food in the morning which gave meaning to me. For the second one, I had this vision of changing water to a different color while someone drinking it and it turned out well.
  2.  The first picture is taken in the morning which gives me a warm safe feeling at a comfy diner with light shining through the window. The second one is a gloomy day with light in the sky and in the background, but focuses on the kid drinking the water.
  3. In my first one, I cropped the photo to have food and my girlfriend be the main focus. In the second one, Jalen’s head was cropped in a box that overlapped the original photo.
  4. I think the color splash in my photos makes everything come alive in my photos. You can see the food and watercolors changed. This gives more than a black-and-white picture feel.
  5.  I used the regular Canon camera for the one with the water but for the diner picture, I used my iPhone which still caught a great photo. I think there is a difference in quality but overall both pictures look great.
  6.  Great advice I would give to students is to capture people and objects you really love and want to take. Meaningless pictures are cool but I think they are way better when they have emotional meaning behind them.